My definition of a moving company sales script is a step by step guide designed in advance, to assist a moving consultant in providing all relevant information about your service to a prospective customer, while leading that prospect to do business with your company.
The whole idea is that you have a strong standard message that you are delivering to all potential customers that will answer their questions while also leading them to do business with your company.
Here are 5 reasons why you must have a moving company sales script:
- Ensures compliance – Whether you are booking local or long distance moves, there are state and/or federal regulations that must be followed. By having a sales script you are able to know that what everyone on your staff is saying to customers is in compliance with those regulations.
- Keeps your sales team on track – Having a sales script does not mean that you are robotic and just reading off a sheet of paper. You are still engaging in a real conversation with your potential customer. In that conversation, you may get thrown off track. For example, you may be in the middle of your pitch and the customer asks a question that is off topic. You need to be abe to stop, answer their question and then direct the conversation back to where you were in your pitch.
- “Always Say” and “Never Say” – I’m sure that you have things that you want to be said to all of your customers. You probably have things that must also never be said to any customer. When you have a sales script you can incorporate these “always say” words and phrases and leave out the “never say” words and phrases.
- Consistent training and managing – If everyone on your team is saying the same thing to your customers, it becomes much easier to monitor and manage. Also, when you hire new moving consultants you are able to train them on exactly what you want to be said to your customers.
- Increases sales – Remember, a sales script is something that is thought out in advance that is designed to lead potential customers to do business with your company. If you currently don’t have a sales script, then chances are there is very little consistency. By implementing a sales script you make sure that you put your best foot forward on every estimate.
How to build a moving company sales script:
It all starts with taking what is currently being said to your customers and getting it on paper. Take whoever is booking the most moves in your company, put what they say in a word document and start tweaking it. Once you have something that you feel is the best representation of your company and it’s designed to lead the customer to book their move with you, have your whole staff follow it.
Then you’ll see what works and what doesn’t and tweak it. Add some stuff, remove some stuff and rearrange some stuff. Remember, you don’t want to just list bullet points for your customer. You want to “paint the picture” on how the move is going to go. Get them to visualize the move and get emotionally engaged.
Watch the video above for the full episode.
Like this episode? Please share it! My blog and videos are ad-free ONLY because you share my work!
How can I help? What challenges are you facing in your business? What areas could you use some tips in?
Leave me a comment below and I will be more than happy to get back to you or post a video on the topic.